FATHER LIKE NO OTHER


I bless the Lord, the founder of heaven and earth, the giver of every good thing, for giving me a father like you. It was really wonderful having you as my father. I love you Papa, and will miss you.

I went to visit him just few days back; we ate together, discussed as usual, and took a walk. Two days later he called and with an excited heart he blessed me, and we discussed and made plans on how to spend Christmas. But I never knew it was going to be the last time I would discuss with him like my best friend. My father just passed away early hours of Monday 24th August, 2015.

I went to the house, and was expecting to see my father in front of the house waiting to greet me as usual with a bright beautiful smile all over his face, but he was nowhere to be found because I just saw him few minutes ago in the morgue sleeping endlessly.

You will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory. Being an orphan is not funny, but I bless the Lord, the giver of life for everything. I guess God knows best.

I love you papa
I will miss you
Rest peacefully in the bosom of the Lord, amen!

My father wasn’t a journalist or a scientist, but he was my best friend and the best dad ever.

As children or parents, we must learn to build good relationship with our parents knowing that we too would be parents someday if we’re not already parents, and equally learn from the story of my dad that nobody shall live here forever irrespective of how much you love them.

Hence, make peace with your parents if you’re having issues with them, and obey God word by honouring them. So, God would bless you and so you would live long on earth.

Ephesians 6:2 -3
"Honor your father and mother." This is the first commandment with a promise: "so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.

Now how can you honour your parents when you cannot honour God, the one who created you? You honour God first by giving your life to Christ. So, if you're reading this post but you've not yet given your life to Christ, kindly say after me - Lord Jesus, I'm a sinner, forgive my sin. Cleanse me now with your precious blood. Come into my heart. I accept you now as my Lord and personal saviour. Write my name in the book of life. I am born again. Old things are passed away, behold, all things have become new in Jesus name.
Amen!

 You can worship with us online every Sunday and Thursday at Salvation Ministries Home of Success Plot 17 Birabi Street GRA Phase 1 Port Harcourt or you can watch our services live online @ www.smhos.org  Time Sundays 6:30am, 8:am, 9:30am, 11:am, 12:30pm. Thursdays 4:30pm and 6:0pm (GMT +1)

Jesus is Lord Forever 

Sandra Ikiriko

Comments

Popular Posts