HAPPY BIRTHDAY SANDRA IKIRIKO

Alright people it’s my birthday

I was born on April 18th. Lol!
 Hmm! God has really been extremely faithful in my life.

Before I was born, due to some very personal issues, my parents wanted to abort me, but God in His infinite mercy touched the heart of my precious mum who is now of blessed memory to keep the pregnancy. Yeah! So, here I am.

The day of my birth, dad was not having much cash on him. As a result, when I was delivered, payment could not be made for mother and child to return home, but amazingly, a lady who came to see someone saw me, and said “what a beautiful child” and she went and made payment without asking whether or not payment has already been made.

My birth was celebrated for three (3) days consistently. So I was told. But ever since I heard it, I have kept wondering why it was so celebrated. It was much later in my life when I began seeing the hand of the Lord jealously protecting my life by all means that I knew I was a very special child to my parents and perhaps God wanted my birth to be celebrated that way.

At age 9, I was sent on an errand by my aunt and, on my way back from the trip, it began raining heavily. Having just lost my darling mum then; I became subject to my aunt’s instruction. While it was still raining, I never knew the electric cable above my tiny little head has caught fire and began to burn while there was still current flowing through it. Part of it detached and was gradually dropping on me when the Nigerian Electrical Power Authority (NEPA) switched off the power due to the heavy downpour.

Amazingly, He saved my life that day from being electrocuted by
that burning electric cable.

Later on at age 10, I joined other kids in the neighbourhood to go swimming. I saw other kids about my age swimming. So, I assumed I cloud float on water. But unfortunately, when I entered I wasn’t floating, and would have drowned in that river had it not been for a Good Samaritan called Mary who pulled me out of the water.

At age 19, my elder sister and I traveled to Lagos Nigeria and arrived there about 3:30 am in the morning, due to the speed the driver of the vehicle was driving at. When we arrived Lagos, it seemed as though it was 6:am already due to how busy the place was. And then she said “if we wait till 6: am the traffic will become unbearable so we have to get a cab and start going home now”. So, we got a taxi and began going home, but unfortunately there were armed robbers on the road. So, the driver could not return to where he picked us from either could he go any further. He just had to park the car on the corner of the road while we waited for the men of the underworld to leave the road. We were still there waiting when the robbers came to our car. But thank goodness, they did nothing to us and just went their way. On that particular rubbery, they killed a man.

At age 30, on my way back from attending lecture, the vehicle I was in ran into an heavy duty vehicle,  unfortunately, some of the passengers died on the spot and others sustained serious injuries and broken bones. But I was the first to come out of that bus, and I came out through one of the windows without an injury on me or a broken bone. I also went for an X-ray, which showed that I had “no” internal bleeding either.



So, God has saved my life from:
·        Being aborted as a fetus in the womb
·        From being electrocuted as a child
·        From being drowned in the river
·        From being killed or raped by rubbers
·        From being killed in an accident, and many others too numerous to mention.

So, you see why my birthday is very special to me.

This is nothing else but the hand of the Almighty God, who has shown me nothing else but His mercy in diverse manner. I’m most grateful to God Almighty for adding another year to by life, and to Him alone be all the glory forever and ever.


I’m not perfect, mind you, but I love Him with my very life. He’s been so kind to me, and I’m deeply grateful. Thank you Jesus for saving my life, I am grateful for this golden gift of Life.

People now I can swim, and I shall go swimming on 18th April. Lol! Please would you mind joining me?



         
 Now if you're reading this but you've not given your life to Christ, kindly know it has been God saving me all this time, and He can save you too. Therefore, please say after me - Lord Jesus, I'm a sinner, forgive my sin. Cleanse me now with your precious blood. Come into my heart. I accept you now as my Lord and personal saviour. Write my name in the book of life. I am born again. Old things are passed away, behold, all things have become new in Jesus name.
Amen!

You can worship with us online every Sunday and Thursday at Salvation Ministries Home of Success Plot 17 Birabi Street GRA Phase 1 Port Harcourt or you can watch the service live online  @ www.smhos.org      Time Sundays 6:0am, 7:30am, 9:0am, 10:30am, 12:pm. Thursdays 4:30pm and 6:15pm (GMT +1)








God Bless You.

Sandra Ikiriko











Comments

Popular Posts