SINGLEHOOD IS BEAUTIFUL


I wonder what other people’s priorities are in life. Mine are quite different I’m sure.





My desire has never been to be like anyone else and that is why I am unique just the way I am.




Each day, people make mockery of me either because I am not yet married or for other silly and stupid reasons like being short. 




If I were God, I would have changed my stature; but the truth is the burden of the world would have been too much for me to bear. Hence, I’m grateful I am not God. As a matter of fact, I deeply admire the Almighty for the huge amount of responsibility which He takes  care of.



I love marriage, and desire to be married someday, but then I always ask myself if marriage is the supreme achievement in life.


 I began to wonder what then would be the fate of those very young brides whose husbands died less than two (2) years of their marriage.




I have a friend whose wedding I deeply regretted not attending after I saw the beautiful wedding pictures. Actually I was unable to attend the great occasion due to my very tight schedule as at the time of the occasion. A year later she gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. My phone rang one morning, and it was her who was calling. I was deeply saddened when she informed me that her husband had died in India due to a terminal illness. Life is so cruel!




What then do we say of those who have their husbands by their side in bed every night, yet have not been able to conceive with a child for twenty (20) years and above? Nothing in this life is permanent so is our ugly circumstances.




Some also desire to get married, and raise a family but do not have a job to make their dreams come true.




The question remains: is marriage the ultimate achievement in life?


The bible talked so much about marriage and getting married, but it didn’t tell whether or not marriage is the ultimate thing in life; and I’m not sure it is the ultimate thing in life either. However, I would say marriage is good because the bible says in


 “1 Corinthians 7:2


Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband”.


 It also says “he that finds a wife has found a good thing, and shall obtain favour from the Lord”. But I don't think it is something you should kill yourself for if it isn't yet your turn. Woman basically are in the waiting room. We wait till the right man comes and then we move on. Hence, no one should make you feel as though you're committing a crime by not being married yet. There's time and season for everything under the sun. As a result, there's nothing you can do about a thing if it isn't your time yet to have it. Life is all about patience, be patient with God and yourself. Don't allow people's mockery make you do stupid things. Be patient with God and wait on His time because His time is always the best. Do not allow people's words cut you like a knife. Hold on to God's word which says "he that finds a wife has found a good thing and shall obtain favour from the Lord. You bring favour in the life of a man. So, don't worry about being single, and don't cry about it. 





If you're worried about not being married, what then are we going to say of the marriages where there is no peace; husbands constantly sleeping outside their matrimonial home with strange women? Does that mean God is wicked? God forbid! This shows that when it's not yet time for you, and you hurry into it, you're bound to hurry out if God doesn't help you. Hence, be patient. 




Marriage is part of what is expected of us to get involved in during our journey here on earth, but it is not the most important thing on earth. Hence, don't kill yourself because you're not yet married, and ensure you don't force anyone to marry you.


You need to be alive before you can start dreaming of achieving other things in life. You need to get a degree in the University, and get a good job so at least your family would be comfortable and your children would be proud of you. You also need to develop yourself personally and learn how to live with someone else the rest of your life in total peace and harmony. That task alone is more difficult than getting a university degree.




A friend of mine said “life is not a competition”,


I told him everyone is getting married, then asked him "won’t you get married?" And he replied “let them get married, it is not a competition –this is time for building”. He believes that you don’t do things because everyone else is doing it, but you have to prepare mentally and financially before embarking on such journey knowing that once you enter in, there's no turning back. 


So, I told myself actually this is time for building. Building my life, build my career, have my dreams come true. achieve my goals now as a single lady, so when I get married, I will be focused on my husband and family.




Therefore, I say shame on all who mock you because you're single. Single-hood is beautiful. You're like the air, you're  free to live and be whoever you want to be. Free to serve God. Free to get all the degrees and money that you want. Free to build your life to suit the kind of  spouse you desire to spend the rest of my life with.




I AGREE THAT MARRIAGE IS GOOD, BUT IT IS NOT THE SUPREME ACHIEVEMENT IN LIFE.


 Look at what the bible says is the ultimate thing in life


Ecclesiastes 12:13


Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

Now, you can’t wait on God and remain positive without the help of God. You need the help of God in all that you do; you also need God’s help in order to have a good life partner. As such, if you would like to accept Jesus as your Lord and personal saviour kindly say after me - Lord Jesus, I'm a sinner, forgive my sin. Cleanse me now with your precious blood. Come into my heart. I accept you, as my Lord and personal saviour. Write my name in the book of life. I am born again. Old things are passed away, behold, all things have become new in Jesus name.
Amen!

Congratulations!! Welcome to the family of God. I love you. Amen!

You can worship with us every Sunday and Thursday at Salvation Ministries Home of Success Plot 17 Birabi Street GRA Phase 1 Port Harcourt or you can watch the service live online @ www.smhos.org  Time Sundays 6:30am, 8:am, 9:30am, 11:am, 12:30pm. Thursdays 4:30pm and 6:0pm (GMT +1)



God Bless You


SANDRA IKIRIKO

Comments

Popular Posts