STOP THAT BAD TRADITION


There is this tradition in some parts of the world which allows a woman to claim custody of a child where no bride price was paid on her. And because the child was forcefully taken from the man, he makes no provision for the welfare of the child; therefore, leaving the woman, and sometimes her immediate family to cater for the child solely/alone.


The mother after struggling to raise the child would now “poison” the mind of the child towards the father. Sometimes, the woman might also make the child to bear the woman’s father’s name rather than the name of the child’s biological father.


Nevertheless, in most cases the father will not be bothered; believing that when the child has come of age, the child would care for the father, but in most cases, reverse is always the case.


This in turn would make the society to be filled with people who do not love their fathers, and people who care less for their fathers.


There is a blessing attached when you honour your father.  


Ephesians 6:2

"Honour your father and mother"--which is the first commandment with a promise


The scripture above says “honour your father and your mother” it did not say “honour your mother only”.


This in turn would make children who were supposed to be great gospel giants and giants in any field of career that they choose, to become poor and dull in their minds because they are breaking the first commandment with a promise.


There is no way it shall be well with you if you do not honour your father and I mean starting from your spiritual father. When you ignore your father(s) God will also ignore you.


I know you might say “Sandra Ikiriko how do you know”?

Well, it is God that put this in my heart to write, that is why I know that He will ignore you as long as you keep ignoring your father.

Some might say “you do not know my story – my father never took care of my mother and I….”

Well, I feel very sorry about your story, but you have to take care of your father in order to be blessed in life, and have open doors.


Take a look closely at anyone you know who do not care for his/her parent, you will discover a cloud of darkness surrounding such ones, and also nothing works for them. Things are always tough for them. Some of them even struggle to have a meal a day, and they continue to struggle, but still nothing works for them.


If you ignored your father and you prospered kindly inform me so I can delete this post. This word is for you, obey it and I see God make you a show piece to your world.


Now remember that God is first your father, therefore, you must honour Him in your tithe by paying a complete tithe, and by paying it faithfully.


Malachi 1:6

"A son honors his father, and a slave his master. If I am a father, where is the honor due me? If I am a master, where is the respect due me?" says the LORD Almighty. "It is you priests who show contempt for my name. "But you ask, 'How have we shown contempt for your name?'


Secondly you must honour your spiritual father. By this I mean the man that feeds you with spiritual food.


Matthew 10:41

Whoever welcomes a prophet as a prophet will receive a prophet's reward, and whoever welcomes a righteous person as a righteous person will receive a righteous person's reward.


Lastly you should love and honour your earthly father. Now if your father is late, look for someone you will care for as a father. 

Genesis 27:25, 28-29

And he said, Bring it near to me, and I will eat of my son's venison, that my soul may bless you. And he brought it near to him, and he did eat: and he brought him wine and he drank


28 Now may God give you of the dew of heaven, And of the fatness of the earth, And an abundance of grain and new wine; 29 May peoples serve you, And nations bow down to you; Be master of your brothers, And may your mother's sons bow down to you. Cursed be those who curse you, and blessed be those who bless you."


So when you care for your father(s) God will in turn care for you.


Remember, God is everybody’s Father, but not everybody is God’s child, and God can only protect and bless His own. So, if you wish to make yourself a child of the living God, kindly say after me - Lord Jesus, I'm a sinner, forgive my sin. Cleanse me now with your precious blood. Come into my heart. I accept you as my Lord and personal saviour. Write my name in the book of life. I am born again. Old things are passed away, behold, all things have become new in Jesus name. Amen!



You are now a new creature in Christ. Ensure you love and care for your parents so you’ll be blessed of God.


You can worship with us every Sunday and Thursday at Salvation Ministries Home of Success Plot 17 Birabi Street GRA Phase 1 Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria or you can watch the service live online @ www.smhos.org   Time Sundays 6:am, 7:30am, 9:am, 10:30am, 12:m. Thursdays 4:30pm and 6:15pm (GMT +1)



I love you, bye for now and God bless you.






















Sandra Ikiriko

Comments

Popular Posts